Monday 26 December 2016

Stay Home and Snuggle up This Christmas - Christina Griffiths Collaboration :D


A contemporary Christmas card collaboration video with Christina Griffiths :D We decided to do a collaboration using a few of the same products (Spellbinders Tranquil Moments, Tonic Nuvo Embellishment Mousse and the Winter Wonderland stamp set free from issue 36 of Creative Stamping magazine) I'm amazed at how we both started off with the same supplies but the results are so different, it's just like when we both use the magazine freebies, I love seeing what Christina has created :D To see Christina's video showing you step-by-step how to make her very elegant white and silver Christmas card, pop over to her YouTube channel or blog :D

I had this idea a little while ago for a cool technique, similar to the way I use the Pebeo Fantasy Paints, but instead stacking up the die-cuts but then spreading embellishment mousse into the openings :D And for this card, I actually mixed together aquamarine embellishment mousse and some clear sparkle texture paste from Creative Expressions too, and you can see in some of the really close up photos below that this gives a really cool texture :D And to hide any of the mess I had made I added another die-cut over the top once it had dried :D And for these die cuts I used some Pastel Green Foundations cardstock :D Also you might notice that the stitching detail on the Tranquil moments die on my card looks different to Christina's, well I noticed that if you flipped the die-cut 180 degrees and placed it back in the die, the stitching detail was in a different place and you ended up with this really closely spaced stitching which I really liked :D

I love this mug stamp from the Winter Wonderland stamp set, and I just had to try adding some of that cool knitted texture to the mittens, so once I had added the base colour, I used the scrappy post-it I had test stamped on and I made a stencil so that I could add the knitting to just the mittens :D It worked so well! I must remember this :D I also added some polka dots to the mug as well which I think looks really cool :D Hope you liked the card, and don't forget to check out Christina's card too :D

To see the process behind my card for this collaboration, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D


You can also watch Christina's fabulous video here too, we both used the same supplies but created two completely different cards :D



Lots more photos of my collaboration card below :D