Saturday 10 December 2016

Merry Christmas Fiance Heart Wreath :D


A card commission from my lovely friend Beth for her Fiance Pete :D I'd been dying to make a Christmassy wreath with this Spellbinders wreath die incorporating some holly, so I thought this was the perfect opportunity :D I stared by using some linen texture green card, and swiping over a green ink pad to pick out the texture, and I also added a little bit of ink blending too :D Then I used the holly dies from both the Jolly Holly and also the Peppermint Stick Spellbinders die sets :D To make the holly leaves extra special, I decided to add in some hand drawn detail using the Pebeo Mixtion Relief Paste, then once dry (this takes about an hour) I applied some Radiant Gold Nuvo Gilding Flakes to give that wow effect :D Whislt I had the gilding flakes out, I also added a strip to the bottom of the card, covered a piece of scrap card (for die-cutting the Lawn fawn scripty merry sentiment) and used some Cosmic Shimmer Flake and Glitter glue to stamp and gild the words Christmas and Fiance :D

You can see the rest of the process for the card in the video, just arranging everything where I wanted it, and to get the shape for the wreath I just free hand drew a heart in pencil onto my card front (but you could trace around a heart die if you wanted to too :D) And my finishing touch was then the addition of quite a few Ruby Slippers Nuvo drops, which I had pre-made so that I could place them across different surfaces and there would be no problems :D Hope you liked the card :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



A few more photos below :D