Saturday 24 December 2016

18th Birthday Christmas Combo :D


A dual purpose card commission for my neighbours grandson who is 18 on Christmas Eve :) My neighbour asked for a personalised card that would work for both occasions, so I decided to make the outside a birthday card, and then there's a diagonal cut across the front with a magnetic closure that you can open to reveal the Christmas card, plus you can always stand it half open on the mantle piece so that both cards are partly visible :D Lots of photos further down showing what I mean :D


For the birthday part of this card, I ink blended some Distress Inks (Lucky Clover, Mermaid Lagoon and Chipped Sapphire) then I used three coordinating colours of memento inks and stamped the number 18 all over :) I then decided to emboss some vellum with a Darice embossing folder and I adhered this over the top :D Then for the sentiment I simply mixed up some fonts and stamped in black on white card, then cut around leaving a white edge :D Once all of this was stuck together I then cut it diagonally with my paper trimmer to create my opening :D I stuck each panel onto the sides of the front of a card blank making a hinge using some washi tape...(you can see what I mean in the video below :D)



For the Christmas card part I used the Christmas tree die which came free back with Volume 2 of the Special Edition Die-Cutting Essentials and I added in some hand drawn presents, I also used a sentiment stamp from one of the Christmassy sets that has been free with Creative Stamping over the last few months :D I added a magnetic closure by placing two magnets together at the top and bottom of the front flaps, I then stuck these down, added glue to the other side and closed the card, you want to wait until the glue is completely dry before trying to open it again, so I left mine overnight :) Then all you need to do is open the two flaps and stick your Christmas panel in the centre (this then hides the other magnets that you left to dry overnight :D), and there you have your dual purpose card :D Hope you liked it :D

To see the process behind this dual purpose card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



A few more photos of this birthday/Christmas card below :D