Wednesday 28 December 2016

Get Well Soon :D


A pair of Get Well Soon cards using the dies, stamps and embossing folder free with the third volume of the Die-Cutting Essentials Special Edition which comes out on the 29th December 2016 :D I'm so excited for this issue, as I have some of my cards in it again :D It makes me so proud to see my cards in a magazine :D Being asked to contribute to a few magazines has really made my year :D This bundle of free gifts is so versatile! It also comes with a fab A6 brick wall stencil which I'll be using in Saturdays video :D And the paper pack that comes with this magazine is superb, there are some gorgeous watercoloured scenes and some cool modern skyscapes (Which I love :D) which you can use as the view from your die-cut window, and there's also some gorgeous pieces of furniture and wallpaper/floor combos for you to create beautiful scene cards too :D



This pair of cards was really easily to create, for the main focal elements, I used some funky foam to cut out the window die, then I used the internal pieces (the vase and the flowers) as homemade stamps to create my little vase of flowers :D For the vase I used the rock n roll technique of inking where you ink the stamp first with your lighter colour of ink (Mermaid Lagoon) then roll the edge in your darker colour (Faded Jeans) :D And for the flowers I used a mix of Worn Lipstick and Abandoned Coral Distress Inks :D Once I had done all the stamping I then used a fine black pen to add in some outlines to make the image coordinate with the sentiment which I stamped in black ink :D I also added in some splashes of the same colours of inks too, and I also used the same colours to create a water coloured background too which I then ran through in the free embossing folder to add some physical texture :D I then added a scribbly border and some more flicks of colour to give a messy style, and voila the cards are done :D Top Tip: If you want to add some sparkle pen to the flowers after you've added your outline make sure that the black pen you used was waterproof, otherwise you'll smudge the ink.... I wonder how I know that!! It's so typical because I always use a waterproof black pen, but just when it matters I don't think ahead and I use a water based pen lol :D Hope you liked these quick Get Well Soon cards :D

To see the process behind this pair of cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



A few more photos below :D