Monday 12 December 2016

Warm Winter Wishes Christmas Card :D


A pair of warm winter wishes Christmas cards using the lovely mug stamp from the Winter Wonderland stamp set that came free with issue 36 of Creative Stamping :D I started by stamping the mug all over a piece of A6 white card using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and my MISTI I then coloured in the entire panel using my Nuvo Creative Pens I used the red pack, the brown pack and also the stormy grey pack (I love these greys because they match the grey of the Memento London Fog perfectly!!) I used these greys in the background to create my faux bokeh effect I think I used 485, 487 and the blender to achieve this :D

I then used one of the MFT horizontal strips dies to cut the panel into two sections, so that I could make two cards :D For the background I cut a large stitched rectangle and used London Fog and the snowfall stamp from the set all over the left two thirds of the panel, I then used a stripey Darice embossing folder to add texture :D The assembly of the card was really simple, however I did struggle with how to make the Lawn Fawn scripty 'Wishes' stand out, but in the end I settled for layering three die cuts, the top one coloured with a grey nuvo pen, then a white one, and finally a black one all just slightly off set from one another :D For my finishing touches I added some white gel pen to the bubbles on the coffee/hot chocolate in the mugs, and also some clear sparkle pen to the red mugs and the grey sentiment :D Hope you liked the cards :D

To see the process behind this pair of cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Lots more photos below :D