Monday, 12 December 2016

Warm Winter Wishes Christmas Card :D


A pair of warm winter wishes Christmas cards using the lovely mug stamp from the Winter Wonderland stamp set that came free with issue 36 of Creative Stamping :D I started by stamping the mug all over a piece of A6 white card using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and my MISTI I then coloured in the entire panel using my Nuvo Creative Pens I used the red pack, the brown pack and also the stormy grey pack (I love these greys because they match the grey of the Memento London Fog perfectly!!) I used these greys in the background to create my faux bokeh effect I think I used 485, 487 and the blender to achieve this :D

I then used one of the MFT horizontal strips dies to cut the panel into two sections, so that I could make two cards :D For the background I cut a large stitched rectangle and used London Fog and the snowfall stamp from the set all over the left two thirds of the panel, I then used a stripey Darice embossing folder to add texture :D The assembly of the card was really simple, however I did struggle with how to make the Lawn Fawn scripty 'Wishes' stand out, but in the end I settled for layering three die cuts, the top one coloured with a grey nuvo pen, then a white one, and finally a black one all just slightly off set from one another :D For my finishing touches I added some white gel pen to the bubbles on the coffee/hot chocolate in the mugs, and also some clear sparkle pen to the red mugs and the grey sentiment :D Hope you liked the cards :D

To see the process behind this pair of cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Lots more photos below :D








3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Not heard of these pens so will check them out x

    ReplyDelete
  2. New to your channel Are these kits that can be purchased and if so where please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vanessa, no they're not kits, these are just cards that I make, and this one uses a free stamp set from a magazine, hope that answers your question :D Christine xxx

      Delete