Tuesday 20 December 2016

Pinecone Christmas Tree :D


I had this idea a few weeks ago, wrote it on a post-it, lost it on my desk, then found it yesterday and had completely forgotten the idea lol, so here it is, using the Tonic Studios Build a Wreath Pinecone die as a Christmas tree :D And I also used the star and trunk dies from Die-Cutting Essentials Special Volume 2 free die set :D

This is a really simple card to create :D I used some Pastel Green Foundations card, and I ink blended on some Lucky Clover and Pine Needles Distress Ink to make it a darker green, I then cut three pine cones (Tonic Studios 1390E) from this :D I also cut two stars from Slate Grey Foundations card and two trunks from Dark Roast Coffee Foundations card too :D And to create my snow bank, I used the Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside dies :D The assembly of all the elements is pretty self explanatory in the video below, so I won't bore you by writing it out lol :) For the background I used a snowy background stamp from Creative Stamping issue 36's Winter Wonderland stamp set, and for the sentiment I combined two different ones (so that all the font was the same) from the free stamp set with Volume 2 of the Die-Cutting Essentials Special Edition (the same magazine that the trunk and star die are from) :D Once the card was assembled I used a silver gel pen to add some extra details, and I used some Nuvo Glitter drops which I had previously made to act as baubles (Ruby Slippers 752N) and snow (Silver Moondust 756N) :D Hope you liked the card :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D 



More photos below :D 






I'm entering this card into the Win and Tonic challenge :D