Friday 16 December 2016

Number Dies Birthday Celebrations :D


A pair of birthday celebration cards using the fab little number die from issue 141 of Papercraft Essentials :D In this video I made both backgrounds predominantly using the numbers, and one card is actually made from the 'waste' of the other :D To begin these cards, I knew I was going to have to cut quite a few numbers, so I thought why not save card and die-cut a stitched strip before I cut the numbers, that way I can create two cards at the same time :D So that's what I did, I cut about 10 white stitched strips and one from Cornflower Blue Creative Expressions Foundation card :D and then I began cutting all the numbers :D

For the main card I was aiming to make, the card on the left in the photo above, I die cut a large stitched rectangle from some Aqua Foundation card, and then I covered this with some double sided adhesive :D I layered up three white two's and three white five's and then added a blue one on top of each to create a thicker focal embellishment, and then I placed this where I wanted it on the card, I then took all the remaining white numbers and stuck them randomly all over the background :D Once I'd done this I tipped over some Nuvo Pure Sheen Diamond glitter (I accidentally got muddled and realised I wasn't filming when I thought I was lol, must be this cold :D So I didn't get that bit on film, but I have done it in quite a few card videos recently :D) I finally added a little banner stamped with the word celebrate, and that was that card finished :D

Now for card number two, so for this card I used the 'waste' pieces from the die-cut numbers, and I used a black pen and some glossy accents to highlight the number five, as I thought this would make a great child's birthday card :D I then used the cute little balloon stamp from the set and stamped the top portion five times onto a scrap of card, I added a sketchy black outline to this and also drew on different strings for each too :D To make these balloons extra special I covered them with some Blue Lagoon Nuvo Glitter Drops :D And I also used some of these in the background too :D The finishing touch was then a die-cut sentiment, this is from the Avery Elle Tags For All die set, I literally just got this in the post, (I had to wait ages because I'd ordered it from an America store on Amazon, but at least it got here before Christmas :D) and I just had to use it! (Oh, and I lost the little tiddle from the word Birthday, so I used a tiny black nuvo drop instead :D) I LOVE this scripty font! Can't believe I hadn't found this die set sooner lol :D Hope you liked the cards :D

To see the process behind this pair of birthday celebrations cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Tonnes more photos below :D