Tuesday 27 December 2016

Tank You Stix2 You're Fintastic :D


A pair of cute punny thank you cards using the fab Fintastic Friends stamp set from Lawn Fawn along with some products from Stix2 including their transfer foils, 2 in 1 glue pen, ultra sticky red liner tape, foam pads and their glue sticks too (these are fab! They go on so smoothly, not like other glue sticks that leave lumps of glue...) I love this Lawn Fawn stamp set, I have wanted it for ages, and now I finally have it! I'm sure you'll see this set up pop up a few times in the next few months as I have a few ideas I'm dying to try :D I thought that the Stix2 foils would work perfectly on this card to make the seaweed, coral and sand pop from the image! That mottled pink colour looks fab on the coral as it gives it a little bit of dimension :D

When it came to the sentiment on this card, originally I was just going to use the Tank You, but as I was placing things onto my layout, I decided that it looked too empty and so I added the You're Fintastic, and I didn't want the whole sentiment to be in the scripty font, it needed breaking up a bit, so the 'you're' is actually from the Snow Cool Lawn Fawn stamp set :D Before I added the foiling, I completely coloured the image, I used my Promarkers Powder Blue, Arctic Blue, Blender, Cool Grey 1 and 2, Gold, Pumpkin, Bright Green, Salmon Pink :D and then I added some of the 2 in 1 glue pen on the individual sections, let them dry, then added on the coordinating coloured foil :D And for the border around the edge of the patterned paper, I used the ultra sticky red liner tape :D Hope you liked the card :D

To see the process behind this pair of cute punny thank you cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Here's a photo of the lovely bundle of goodies that Stix2 sent me! Thank you so much Ruth! I have had great fun playing with the foils and adhesives you sent on this card :D



Lots more photos below :D