Friday 2 December 2016

A Note of Thanks this Christmas :D


A fun Christmas thank you card created using the Winter Garden stamp set free with issue 37 of Creative Stamping, along with another little stamp set (Lawn Fawn Winter Sparrows :D) and some tonic studios nuvo products too :D To create the little scene behind the wreath aperture I used a scrap of card and some dark brown ink to stamp the fence and a couple of the gorgeous tree images (I can't wait to use those trees on a card incorporating all four seasons!!) I also added some light ink blending to the sky using Peacock Feathers Distress ink, and then I used a glue pen to add adhesive to the fence, the ground and some spots in the trees too, and then I added some #nuvo pure sheen glitter, in Diamond to create sparkly snow, I also did the same thing to the bottom of the front of the card later on too :D I knew I would be using black ink on the rest of the card, so I added in the tiny bird in black ink too :D

For the front panel, I stamped on my wreath in the dark brown ink (Cup O Joe Hero Arts) and added in the rose hip stamp to make it a little fuller, and then I used a couple of ProMarkers, Red and Forest and also the two lightest browns from the Natural Browns (317N) Nuvo creative pens :D I used the same colours for the little robins too, along with Gold and Cool Grey 1 ProMarkers :D I added my sentiment under the wreath the 'A note of Thanks' is from the free Winter Garden set, and the 'This Christmas' is from the Apple Blossom Embroidery Hoop stamp set :D and the little music notes (again I made it punny, playing on the word note :D) are from the Winter Sparrows Lawn Fawn set too :D I used a nice sharp pair of scissors to cut out the interior of my wreath to create my aperture, and my final finishing touches were a little bit of clear sparkle pen, and then some Ruby Slippers Nuvo Glitter Drops applied in an oval shape over the top of each of the rose hips :D Hope you liked the card :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



To see my all of the Christmas cards I've made this year, have a look at my Playlist below :D


And to see some other cards I've made using Magazine free gifts, check out this Playlist too :D



Lots more photos below :D






I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Anything Goes Challenge :D