Sunday 11 December 2016

Scribbly Bauble Christmas Card Trio :D


A trio of scribbly Christmas cards inspired by one of the cards in my 'Messy Christmas Cards' video which I posted back in October :D I really love the way they came out, and it's really nice not to use many stamps for a change :D But I did use stamps for the snowflakes, because they never turn out how I want them to when I try to draw them myself lol :) the ones I used were in the Traditional Christmas stamp set free with issue 35 of Creative Stamping :D

I used numerous layering circle dies from Tonic Studios to trace around for the circular baubles, and I also used a couple of the outline shapes from the Spellbinders Heirloom Ornaments die set too :D Other than that everything is free hand drawn :D and you can embellish them however you want, I do like to add stripes, because if you curve your stripes it creates instant dimension :D When watercolouring them in, I started with the black and watered it down to give me a light grey colour, and the first thing I did was add in all my shadows and colour to the bauble caps :D I then simply waited for this layer to dry and then went in with my chosen colours, and to add some shimmer I used a couple of sparkle pens, the clear and the silver over the top of the colours once they had dried :D

Once all the painting was dry, I went in with a fine black pen and added in my detail using scribbles and dashes and dots to make them look extra arty :D I then used some black ink to add some splashes :D I also stamped in the snowflakes using a post-it to mask the background when I wanted a partial snowflake :D To add in the final bits of detail, I also used a white and a silver gel pen, and final touch was the sentiment made using my Dads ancient DYMO labeller, this time the one that takes the 9mm wide tape, as I'm running out of the black 6mm wide stuff lol :D Hope you liked the cards, I really love the one that's in the photo above, and I'm sending it to a certain Deputy Editor, if you're reading this you know who you are lol :D

To see the process behind this trio of scribbly cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D 



And to see more of the Christmas cards I've made this year, check out my Playlist below :D 



Tonnes more photos below :D