Saturday 28 October 2017

The Christina Collection - Paper Piecing and Creative Expressions :D


As soon as I saw the Trellis Dies from Christina's collection, I knew I had to do paper piecing with them!! It did take me hours to create them (while watching the telly) but it's actually quite addictive once you get going :D Some of the shapes aren't exactly symmetrical, but once you've done a few it gets much easier to know which way round to put the pieces, and there are literally hundreds of patterns you can create, and you can use any number of different pieces of coloured card to create your patterns too :D I thought as the backgrounds took so long to make, that I would keep the decoration simple, so I decided to team them up with some Creative Expressions dies, using a couple of round frames from Sue Wilson and the Stylish Script word dies from Lisa Horton :D I really like how they turned out, and as you've seen in the video I have lots of pieces left to make more cards from :D :D : D

Main products used :D
The Christina Collection:
- Quatrefoil Trellis Die Set
- Petal Trellis Die Set
- Cube Trellis Die Set
Creative Expressions Dies By Sue Wilson - Bold Snowflake Frame
Creative Expressions Dies By Sue Wilson - Melbourne
Creative Expressions Lisa Horton Dies - Stylish Script Wishes
Dymo Labeller
Creative Expressions Foundation Card - Raspberry, Heather, Amethyst, Coconut White and Silver Pearlescent
Spellbinders Tool N One
Cosmic Shimmer Glue
Woodware Fine Tip Bottles
Craft UK A6 White Card Blanks
Creative Expressions 5x7 Embossing Folder - Linear Leaves
Spellbinders Platinum 6 Die-Cutting Machine

To see the process behind this trio of cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D


Lots more photos below :D