Friday 6 October 2017

Happy Birthday Ironed Off Butterflies :D


This card was another one of my Mum's Birthday cards, but this one was for my Dad to give to her :D He requested a larger card than I usually make, and said I could do whatever I liked, so I had a blast messing around with Dyna paints, Gesso and my Gansai Tambi Starry Night colours too :D Oh, and some Paper Artsy stencils which I got when I was at Ally Pally a few weeks ago :D My original idea was that the heat embossed buterflies would resist the Dyna paint, however I wasn't quick enough, and it dried on top before I had the chance to wipe it off... so, I carried on with my background, then I used the iron off technique, this way the butterflies appeared again as I re-melted the embossing powder with an iron and pulled it off with some scrap paper! I LOVE this technique, but am often too lazy to go downstairs and use my iron, but now I have this dinky little craft iron from Stix2, it's so much easier :D :D :D Hope you liked the card :D

Main products used :D
Avery Elle Butterflies Stamp Set
Avery Elle Sentimental Stamp Set
Perfect Medium Ink Pad
Cosmic Shimmer True White Detail Embossing Powder
Papermania Pink Heat Tool
Sue Wilson's Essentials Rectangle Dies
Spellbinders Platinum 6 Die-Cutting Machine
PaperArtsy Stencils
Pebeo Studio Acrylics - Dyna Paints
they're only £20 on HobbyCraft at the moment :)
Pebeo Gesso
Ranger Cut N Dry Foam
Kuretake Gansai Tambi Starry Night Watercolours
Gold Heart Sequins
Cosmic Shimmer Glue

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D


Tonnes more photos below :D