Monday 20 February 2017

Positive and Negative Spellbinders Tropical Pineapples :D


A duo of tropical cards using the gorgeous Tropics die set from Spellbinders :D I decided to make one birthday card and one thank you card, using the 'waste' from one card to make the second one :D And for both cards, I only used two dies from the set, it just goes to show how versatile a die set can be :D And you could probably create a similar duo of card by using some of the other dies in the set too :D To create my custom sentiments, I used a combination of stamp sets, Cutie Pie and Loads of Fun from Lawn Fawn for the small words, and the Calligraphy Alpha set from Altenew for the big tropical word (I love how these stamps work to create that scripty look, and it is sooooo easy to achieve too!! :D) :D

For the thank you card, I decided to go for a white on white background, and as I was cutting out all the pineapples for this card, I thought I might as well lay them out nicely on the piece of card I was cutting them from to give me a nice negative piece to use on a second card :D I also used the separate top piece of the pineapple die, so that I could layer these on top to give a little bit of dimension to the background :D And then to finish this card off I also create three focal pineapples by again cutting both pieces, then using Fossilized Amber, Brushed Corduroy, Twisted Citron and Lucky Clover Distress Inks to add colour, then the addition of a little bit of sparkle pen on the pineapples and some splashes in the background along with some Ebony Black Nuvo Crystal Drops completed this card :D

For the Birthday card, I used the 'waste' from the first card, and I added an ink blended background behind it. I used Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade, Abandoned Coral and Picked Raspberry Distress Inks, then I covered this with a double sided sticky sheet, and added on some Nuvo Pure Sheen Diamond Glitter :D I then simply mounted the negative piece over the top with some 3D foam, then I added my sentiment and again some Crystal Drops, and voila two cards for the price of one :D I hope you liked the cards :D Don't forget to pop back next Monday for another Spellbinders video :D

Spellbinders Products used in this video :D
Shapeabilities Tropics Wild & Free by Debi Adams 
Main Attraction Magnetic Tool
Spellbinders Platinum Die-Cutting and Embossing Machine 

To see the process behind this pair of tropical cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



For more cards I've made using Spellbinders dies, have a look at my Playlist below :D



Thank you sooooo much to Spellbinders for supplying the dies and Platinum Machine featured in this video :D :D :D I'm planning on uploading a new Spellbinders video every Monday, so if you're a Spellbinders fan watch out for my weekly Spellys videos :D

Tonnes more photos below :D