Tuesday 7 February 2017

Positive and Negative Fern Leaf :D


Two cards for the price of one :D A simple masking technique using the gorgeous Fern Leaf die from Tonic and two lovely colours of the fantastic Nuvo Embellishment Mousse too :D The Nuvo Mousse colours I used are called Peony Pink and Lemon Sorbet :D I love these two colours together, and when you overlap them you get this gorgeous peachy colour too :D

So for this pair of cards, I started by die-cutting about 7 of the Fern Leaf die from Tonic Studios out of white card, then I turned them all over and sprayed some temporary adhesive onto the back :D I then stuck them in a nice pattern on a piece of white card, and I used some cut and dry foam to blend both colours of the mousse over the fern leaves :D I had no idea if this would work at this point, the end result of the two cards is what I was planning for, but you never know because sometimes temporary adhesive can stick stronger than you think it will, but it worked out brilliantly in the end, and I will definitely be trying this again :D Once I had finished blending the mousse over the top I peeled off the fern leaf die-cuts and added them to another piece of white card, and voila two cards for the effort of one lol :D The finishing touches were then the Enjoy Today Tonic sentiment die, and to make this pop a bit more off of the background, I added in a piece of vellum behind this, and I used one of the smaller scalloped rectangles from the Harrop Layering Card Blanks dies set, also from Tonic :D Hope you liked the card!! Thank you so much to Tonic Studios for sending me the majority of the products used in this video :D :D :D
 
To see the process behind this pair of positive and negative cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Plenty more photos below :D 












I'm entering this card into the Win and Tonic Take Your Pick January 2017 Challenge :D