Thursday 9 February 2017

Believe in The Magic :D


A duo of messy inky background silhouette cards using the gorgeous fairies, toadstool, and that adorable little snail from the Fairy Wishes stamp and embossing folder free gift with issue 143 of Papercraft Essentials :D Originally the backgrounds for these cards were an experiment of die-cutting some intricate dies from wax paper and ironing them between two pieces of card to transfer the wax (like I did with the embossing folder in the 'fan-k you wax paper resist' video I posted a little while ago :D) However a combination of the die-cuts behind too delicate, me not ironing it for long enough, and me saturating the paper with spray inks pretty much obliterated this technique, but I thought I better mention it here, as in the video below you can see some patterns appearing when I first spray on the inks :D :D :D

So for the background of this card I used a combination of water, Dylusions spray inks (the bottles I use in the video are my diluted version, I got this idea from watching Joggles videos, and it just means that they go a LOT further, I brought my Dylusions more than 3 years ago now, and because I dilute them I still have 3/4 of every bottle left, and that's after colouring backgrounds for tonnes of cards and art journal layouts too :D) Pixie Powder and also a Lime Green Colorburst powder too :D Then simply for the rest of the card design, all I did was stamp on my elements using black ink, I then took a black Nuvo pen and coloured in the images to create a silhouette look, then I added some black sparkle pen over the top along with some splashes of black, some splashes of white acrylic paints, and also a few sequins too :D Hope you liked the cards :D

To see the process behind this pair of magical fairy cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



If you're interested in more videos using Magazine Freebies, please check out my Playlist below :D



Loads more photos of the two card below :D 











I'm entering this card into the Win and Tonic Take Your Pick January 2017 Challenge :D and also the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge too :D