Thursday 23 February 2017

Happy Birthday Hydrangea :D


A pair of really simple Hydrangea cards using the stencil and stamps free with issue 160 of Simply Cards and Papercraft :D For the main technique, I used the stencil and some colourburst powders, I sprayed through the openings of the stencil, then simply tapped the colour on :D Such a quick and effective technique :D So literally all I did was place the stencil on the card, spritz with water, then I sprinkled on pink and purple powders, I then dried this with my heat tool :D Then I came back and lined the stencil up again, spritzed it with water again, then added a couple of green colours to the leaves and stem, then dried this too :D And to finish it off, I used some of the free stamps and some gold embossing powder to add the sentiment and some little critters too :D I actually used two different brands of embossing powder, Tonic and Cosmic Shimmer as I wanted to compare, and as the Cosmic Shimmer one is a detail powder, it did give a better definition, but the Tonic powder gave a more raised effect :D (scroll right down to the bottom to see the close up photos and I'll point out which is which :D) I then simply added a scattering of gold sequins, and that was it :D Hope you liked the cards :D Don't forget to get your copy of Simply Cards and Papercraft 160, it's out today, or you can always order it online at moremags.com, and I think CraftStash.co.uk might sell them now too :D

To see the process behind this pair of Colorburst Hydrangea cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Hundreds more photos below :D













Above is the Tonic Gold embossing powder :D And the four close-ups below are the Cosmic Shimmer detail powder :D