Sunday 12 February 2017

Happy Valentine's Day Tweet Heart :D


Another pair of Valentine's cards today using the gorgeous Scribble bird stamp from Dina Wakely along with some loose watercolouring using Distress Inks :D I also used a couple of Lawn Fawn stamps to create my punny sentiment too :D I love this sentiment, and the fonts from the two Lawn Fawn stamp sets (Smitty's ABC's and Plan on it Holidays) go brilliantly together :D Both these cards were really quick to create, and I think they're so effective! I have to admit, I'm often a bit worried about watercolouring over a stamped image in case the colours are too opaque and cover some of the line art, but Gansai Tambi's or Distress Inks along with Ranger's Archival Ink are the PERFECT match!! :D

To add a little bit of metallic to the three colours of Distress I used (Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry and Spun Sugar) I also used some Rich Gold Pixie Powder from Cosmic Shimmer and Creative Expressions! :D I added some onto the background while it was wet, and I also flicked some on with a paintbrush when the background had had time to dry too :D  The final finishing touch was then some gold sequins, they weren't quite the right type of gold though, so to tie them in a bit better, I added in some Cosmic Shimmer glitter PVA glue into the centres to give them a bit more of a yellowy tone like the Pixie Powder :D Hope you liked the cards :D I've got some Masculine Valentine's Day cards tomorrow :D

To see the process behind this cute pair of tweet cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Loads and loads of photos below :D











I'm entering this card into the Win and Tonic Take Your Pick January 2017 Challenge :D as well as the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge and also the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge too :D