Monday 19 September 2016

Poppy Head Birthday Card :D


A bright and vibrant birthday card utilizing one small element from a larger die, I made this card using the tiny poppy head element from the Apple Blossom Botanical Frame die :D This is a really simple card, I started by ink blending some Distress Inks over my background, I used Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers (love this colour combo :D) I then used the Botanical Frame die to create my own custom stamp, I cut the poppy head section from some funky foam twice, and adhered these to an acrylic block, I then used these to over stamp the ink blending in the same colours to give a more subtle tone on tone background :D I also did a little bit of ghosting by using a piece of plastic with holes in (you could use any stencil you have too) and a spray bottle of water, you leave the water to reactivate the ink for a few seconds, then you blot up the excess with a paper towel (this technique is called ghosting :D)

For the main focal element I used a nesting circle die along with the Heart Circles dies from Creative Dies, and I heat embossed my sentiment (from the Year Two Lawn Fawn stamp set) using True White Cosmic Shimmer Embossing Powder :D and ink blended the same colours over the top :D To give an extra wow to the focal element I cut 16 of the poppy heads in white card, and stuck their little stalks to the back of the main circle, its easiest to place them if you think of it like a clock and start with 12, 6, 3 and 9 and then place one more between each of those and then one more between each of those :D Hope you like the card :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel :D CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



 Plenty more photos below :D






I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday blog Challenge :D