Friday, 18 November 2016

Winter Wonderland Thank You :D


Another card using one of the gorgeous little critters from the Winter Wonderland free gift from issue 140 of Papercraft Essentials :D I REALLY love the way this card came out! The shaker aspect is very subtle, but I think the Spellbinders Geo Flower die which I've used goes perfectly for a wintery feel :D I sat down to make another card using this set, and I had no idea where my inspiration would take me, but just before I hit record I had the idea to try and make the Geo flower die from Spellbinders into a shaker card :D Plus I also wanted to use some of this fantastic snowflake vellum from Crafter's Companion, I got this from my mum for my Birthday last week, and I couldn't wait to use it :D So this steered me towards making a vellum shaker window :D

Firstly I started off by die-cutting all my elements, I cut a stitched rectangle from white, and another from Aqua Foundations cardstock, I then cut a Geo flower from some Pale Grey Foundations card. I also cut a stitched hillside Lawn Fawn die from some white card. I then placed the Geo die over the white rectangle and die-cut this so that I could in-lay my grey one, and I also die-cut the bottom of the stitched hill so it slotted in nicely :D Once all the die-cutting was done, I stuck the main panel and light grey Geo flower onto a piece of the snowflake vellum, and I left an acrylic block on this for a bit to make sure it was nice and stuck :D So to create my subtle shaker, I used the waste from the die-cut I'd cut from the main stitched panel, and I cut out parts of it, including the whole interior faceted bit just to leave a single outline edge (which I also trimmed into slightly so you wouldn't be able to see it from the front side) I stuck this to the back of my panel, and again left it to dry with a heavy block on it so it was fully stuck :D I then added two colours of Martha Stewart tiny star confetti and added my Aqua card onto the back (For all the intricate sticking I was using some Cosmic Shimmer glue in a fine tip bottle as this glue sticks really well and dries matt, clear and pretty quickly too!! Best glue ever!!) :D I then finished off the card by adding my seal, the sentiment and a scattering of sequins :D I hope you like the card!! I expect you'll be seeing a lot of this snowflake vellum during my Christmas cards in December as there's 15 sheets in the pack, and if I only use a quarter or less for each card, that's a minimum of 60 cards lol :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D I REALLY love the way this card came out :D and I only thought up the idea a few minutes before filming lol :D



If you'd like to see more cards I've made using magazine freebies, please check out my Playlist which I've linked below :D



Lots more photos below :D






I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Thanks Challenge :D and also the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Christmas Critters Challenge too :D

8 comments:

  1. I love this card and the baby seal. Where can I please get that stamp set?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so your comment!! It comes free on issue 140 of papercraft essentials magazine, you can get it here :D http://www.moremags.com/home-page-scroller/issue140-papercraft-essentials Christine xxx

      Delete
  2. hello! super fun design, luv the shape and and stamping! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing card, the design is wonderful. Love the silver with the aqua, fantastic combo. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment Sandra :D Christine xxx

      Delete
  4. I love your card! It's totally fabulouse! thanks for joining us this week on Simon says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! barbara

    ReplyDelete