Saturday 5 November 2016

Warm Winter Birthday Wishes :D


A wintery themed birthday card using the fantastic stamp set free with issue 36 of Creative Stamping, I LOVE this set, I've got sooo many ideas, but this first card I've made I particularly love :D That knitting stamp is fabulous!! and in this card I've teamed it up with some Diamond #nuvo pure sheen glitter from #tonicstudios :D

For my sunken background panel, first of all I'd created my background with the stamping (using the knitting stamp and some Ultra Pink ink from Hero Arts), ink blending (using Spun Sugar and Picked Raspberry Distress inks) and heat embossing (clear Cosmic Shimmer detail powder over the black stamping for my sentiment), and then I covered that with a piece of double sided sticky sheet (you can also use regular or wide double sided tape depending on how large an area you want to cover too) then I dumped on a load of glitter (I used the Nuvo Pure Sheen glitter from Tonic Studios in the video, in the diamond colour :D) then I moved this across all the adhesive with my fingers... I then tipped off the excess, and I placed the backing sheet of the double sided sticky back on top, and used a bone folder to make sure the glitter was pressed into the adhesive really well, and then finally I used a little piece of a Pledge dry dusting cloth to take off any remaining excess and to tidy my work surface and fingers too :D 

For my outside frame, I used a couple of stitched rectangle dies from MFT and then used the snow stamp form the Winter Wonderland stamp set with firstly some Pastel Blue Hero Arts ink, and then some Soft Pool ink too :D I also decided that I needed a thin frame to go on top of this frame, so for that I used the same rectangle I had used for the interior of the other frame, and then one size bigger as well, and I die-cut this from some Pastel Green Foundations cardstock :D For my main focal image, I used Promarkers (Arctic Blue, Sky Blue, Pink Carnation, Rose Pink, Meadow Green and Leaf Green) to add colour and then I trimmed around leaving a thin white edge using some sharp scissors :D Then I assembled my card using a combination of Cosmic Shimmer glue, double sided tape and 3D foam tape :D Hope you liked the card, I'm deffinetly going to have to make another version of this card to have on the shelf in my Craft Room :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



If you'd like to see more of my Christmas cards from this year, please check out my Playlist which I've linked below :D I know today's card isn't actually a Christmas card, but you don't need to add the word Birthday in :D



If you're interested in any more cards using Nuvo products from Tonic Studios, I've also made a Playlist for them too :D There's only a few videos in there at the moment, but I'm planning on lots more :D



Lots more photos below!!! I really love the way this card came out, and I'm reluctant to part with it, but it is my best friends birthday card, so I know she'll take good care of it ;)