Friday 4 November 2016

Let It Snow :D


A pair of very brightly coloured Christmas cards :D I thought I'd go for a more modern Christmas colour scheme, however I do think I went a little over the top with the embellishing lol :D To create these cards, I used the Let it Snow free gift from issue 156 of Simply Cards and Papercraft :D And I decided to make them extra special by adding some hand stitching around the perimeter, for the big rectangles I used the Dotted Rectangles dies by Avery Elle, and for the circle, I just pierced the holes myself :D

For the pink and purple card I used a combination of Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick, Dusty Concord and Wilted Violet Distress Inks along with Raspberry and Amethyst Foundations cardstock... Then for the greeney version, I used Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio and Evergreen Bough Distress Inks along with Pastel Green and Aqua Foundations cardstock :D And before doing the ink blending, I stamped in Perfect Medium and added some Cosmic Shimmer Clear Detail Embossing Powder (I cut most of this out of the video as it was getting really long, and you can hardly see anything as its clear on white lol) :D For the Pink and purple card I also went back in and used the same Distress colours to added extra snowflakes to the background, and for the greeney version I used the three dot stamps from the Gently Seasoned Two stamp set from Paper Smooches to give a kinda Bokeh background (again using the same colours as for the ink blending) :D

I then die-cut lots of the snowflakes from the co-ordinating colours of cardstock, and I also die-cut a few white snow flakes using some Sue Wilson dies too :D And for the greeney card I embossed both halves of the big snowflake on the embossing folder and cut around these to make the focal element on the card, and I used my sentiment strip to hide the join :D Then I just arranged all the other snowflakes around :D I added in the hand stitching (this does take quite a while, I think altogether it took me 1.5 hours, but I was just doing it while I watched the telly in the evening :D) as I thought this would make the cards look extra special :D Then my finishing touch was some clear sparkle pen and some silver snowflake and star sequins (which I may have gone a little over the top with :D) I think I got a little bit carried away on the embellishments for these cards, you know when you just can't stop adding things lol, this design was much simpler in my mind :D :D :D Anyway, hope you liked the cards :D

To see the process behind this pair of very brightly coloured Christmas cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



To see more of my Christmas cards from this year, please have a look at my Playlist which I've linked below :D



Loads more photos below :D