Tuesday 8 November 2016

Oh Deer, I Forgot... :D


A pair of clean and simple birthday cards with a punny sentiment :D 'Oh Deer, I Forgot Your Birthday' :D There is also a sneak peek at tomorrows cards in this video too, they were originally going to be in the same one, but there was a lot of footage so I thought I'd split it into two :D Also this is in the Magazine Freebies Playlist, as the paper pack I used came free on an older issue of Creativity magazine :D

For the two deer apertures, I used the Spellbinders Woodland Deer die, and also the Ultimate Crafts Prancer die (love this stag die) :D Also when cutting the Spellbinders Deer aperture, the antlers are separate, so cut the deer first and then cut the antlers TOP TIP: place the antler die above the aperture, then flip over your card and check that the cut lines overlap into the deer aperture this will ensure you have a single aperture on your card :D The large stitched rectangle which I always use is from MFT Blueprints 13 and the thin stitched rectangle I've used is also by MFT, I think its called Vertical Stitched Strips :D These were really simple cards to create as there isn't that much too them, just choosing a suitable patterned paper to go behind the aperture and using a piece of the same paper for the sentiment banner :D To create my custom sentiment, I used the Lawn Fawn Claire's ABC's stamp set and I heat embossed this in True White Cosmic Shimmer embossing powder :D (TOP TIP: place the apostrophe lower down on your acrylic block, and it doubles as a comma :D) and then I finished my sentiment with my ancient old DYMO labeller, I used black 6mm tape for the card above, and I used brown 6mm tape for the other :D Hope you liked the cards!! I love this simple look, and it would make a great card for a man!! :D

To see the process behind this pair of clean and simple cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Lots more photos below :D