Tuesday, 8 November 2016

Oh Deer, I Forgot... :D


A pair of clean and simple birthday cards with a punny sentiment :D 'Oh Deer, I Forgot Your Birthday' :D There is also a sneak peek at tomorrows cards in this video too, they were originally going to be in the same one, but there was a lot of footage so I thought I'd split it into two :D Also this is in the Magazine Freebies Playlist, as the paper pack I used came free on an older issue of Creativity magazine :D

For the two deer apertures, I used the Spellbinders Woodland Deer die, and also the Ultimate Crafts Prancer die (love this stag die) :D Also when cutting the Spellbinders Deer aperture, the antlers are separate, so cut the deer first and then cut the antlers TOP TIP: place the antler die above the aperture, then flip over your card and check that the cut lines overlap into the deer aperture this will ensure you have a single aperture on your card :D The large stitched rectangle which I always use is from MFT Blueprints 13 and the thin stitched rectangle I've used is also by MFT, I think its called Vertical Stitched Strips :D These were really simple cards to create as there isn't that much too them, just choosing a suitable patterned paper to go behind the aperture and using a piece of the same paper for the sentiment banner :D To create my custom sentiment, I used the Lawn Fawn Claire's ABC's stamp set and I heat embossed this in True White Cosmic Shimmer embossing powder :D (TOP TIP: place the apostrophe lower down on your acrylic block, and it doubles as a comma :D) and then I finished my sentiment with my ancient old DYMO labeller, I used black 6mm tape for the card above, and I used brown 6mm tape for the other :D Hope you liked the cards!! I love this simple look, and it would make a great card for a man!! :D

To see the process behind this pair of clean and simple cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Lots more photos below :D








3 comments:

  1. I love all your videos and photos. I always look forward to the new ones as I pointed out in my comments (Monika G.).

    I've got one suggestion, add your logo to your photos as the designs are really amazing!

    Monika G.
    QuillingLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Monika, you're so lovely!! :D I've been wanting to do that, but I'm not sure of an easy way to do it without Photoshop, maybe I can just add my blog address on in Paint :D Thanks :D Christine xxx

      Delete
    2. Hi Christine,
      I use Lightroom to change exposure of my photos and I add my logo there :)

      Happy crafting!

      Delete