Thursday, 3 November 2016

Thank you Snowflakes :D


A pair of wintery themed thank you cards using the gorgeous Let it Snow die and embossing folder from issue 156 of Simply Cards and Papercraft :D This snowflake die is fabulous and cuts brilliantly :D :D :D And if you have a tool n one you'll get all the tiny pieces popped out in no time :D To create my snowflakes, I used a combination of water, and Dylusions ink sprays (mine are in different bottles in the video as I use watered down versions so they go further :D) Calypso Teal, Polished Jade and After Midnight :D I then sprinkled on some Silver Dream Pixie Powder and added lots more water to get it to move... I then used some homemade Pearly ink sprays, to make these I added a tiny bit of Daler Rowney FW Pearlescent ink to a spray bottle and topped it up with water, and the colours I used in the video were Galactic Blue and White Pearl :D I made these about 2-3 years ago now, and they're still fine (they have a bit of a funny smell lol, but they work fine :D)

Once this A5 piece of card was dry, I measured how wide the snowflake die was, and divided my card up so I could get the most out of it, and I managed to get 12 out of this A5 piece :D I then started adding them to two A6 panels of white card, I use Cosmic Shimmer glue in a fine tip applicator bottle, as it dries perfectly clear and matt too :D Make sure that if you overhang a snowflake off the edge that you make use of the piece you cut off, that way you can get a fuller background, and you won't need quite so many snowflakes :D I used all 12 for both cards :D Once the snowflakes were adhered I trimmed the panels down using my favourite stitched rectangle die, and then I ran them through the embossing folder (its funny because in real life you can see how flat the die-cuts look after being embossed and I think it would be quite difficult for someone else to figure out how you did it :D)... I also cut out a small label shape (Labels 20 from Spellbinders) and I embossing this to give it a nice defined edge, and then I ombre inked my sentiment (the sentiment stamp is from an old free gift from Simply Cards and Papercraft, issue 149) I used two Memento Dew Drop ink pads to do this (Teal Zeal and Nautical Blue) I inked with the lightest colour first (Teal Zeal) then I angled my ink pad and tapped it against the bottom of the sentiment so I just inked up half the stamp with the darker colour (Nautical Blue) don't forget if your not sure you've inked it how you want, you can also have a test stamp on some scrap paper :D :D :D Hope you like the cards :D

To see the process behind this pair of cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



 Lots more photos below taken from different angles to try and show the embossing folder :D





 





3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the super inspiration Christine! I've made a card similar to yours using this die and one of the stamps, its come out super, never thought of 'embedding' the die cut in the paper before. I've blogged about it and given you credit for giving me the idea. Thanks again! Debs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment Debs :D Can you give me a link to your blog, I'd love to see what you created :D Christine xxx

      Delete
    2. Sure can the card is here http://all-that-i-am-warts-and-all.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/let-it-snow-card.html Debs x

      Delete