Wednesday 23 November 2016

Watercoloured Lillies :D


A pair of delicately watercoloured cards featuring this gorgeous Lilly stamp along with the Derwent Inktense watercolour pencils :D I'm thinking the yellowy version could be a wedding card, and the pinky version would make a good sympathy card :D For this card I used the gorgeous Lilly (I'm spelling it like this, because this is my dogs name lol, and I chose the spelling :D So I like to spell it with a double l :D) stamp from Sheena Douglass, and I combined it with my MISTI tool so that I could stamp two identical cards (I could have done more too) and so that I could stamp multiple times, as I knew I wanted to use my Charcoal Hero Arts ink cube, and when I'm using these small ink cubes for a larger stamp I tend to miss parts lol :D

For the sentiments I used a Paper Smooches stamp set, you can tell I like this one in the video as most of the stamps are quite stained lol :D I think its called Simply Said :D For the watercolouring, I used some Inktense watercolour pencils, this is actually my mums old 24 pencil set which she gave me when she upgraded to a bigger colour pallet :D The trick to getting pastel tones with these intensely coloured pencils is to press very lightly so that you can hardly tell you applied any colour to your card :D And I tend to use them just with regular white card and I have no problems with the paper pilling up as you hardly need any water to activate the colour, a slightly damp brush will do :D My finishing touches were some clear sparkle pen and a scattering of iridescent sequins :D Hope you like the cards :D

To see the process behind this pair of cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Plenty more photos below :D