Saturday 25 March 2017

Love and Laughter Shaker Card :D


A love themed shaker card using the lovely elegant occasions free gift from issue 161 of Simply Cards and Papercraft along with the reader offer from CraftStash where you can get a set of coordinating Creative Dies dies :D

So to create this card, I used two of the nesting dies to give a frame shape for my shaker element, then I also cut the biggest die again to create the shaker backer :D I then ink blended this with some Distress Inks and over stamped using an ombre ink pad and some of the free stamps from the Elegant Occasions stamp set :D I used a layer of foam tape around the perimeter of the frame to create my shaker well, and I stuck this on after applying the acetate to the reverse of the frame :D I then loaded it up with heart sequins and tiny red micro-beads, then I sealed it using my ink blended and stamped backing piece :D For the focal cluster of elements, I used the Avery Elle Stamp set called We R Family for the 'Rose' stamps and then I free-hand drew some leaves to coordinate with the style, and then coloured them all using ProMarkers :D And finally I assembled everything together, using one of the sentiments from the free stamp set, and adding in some doodled lines to emphasize the Ornate shape of the frame :D

Main products used in this video:
Simply Cards and Papercraft Issue 161 - Elegant Occasions
Elegant Occasions Coordinating Dies
Spellbinders Platinum Die-Cutting and Embossing Machine
Standard Platinum Cutting Plates
Avery Elle We R Family Stamp Set
Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Ink - Candied Apple and Aged Mahogany

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D  



Lots more photos below :D