Thursday 23 March 2017

Another Year Flies By Butterfly Trio :D


A simple stapled butterfly card created using the phenomenal Ultimate Crafts A4 stamp set free with issue 41 of Creative Stamping :D I'm so excited to be in this issue of Creative Stamping, with a feature I did using Distress Markers :D I had so much fun playing with the markers and experimenting with some colours of Distress that I hadn't tried before too :D

Today's card was really quick and easy to create, I simply ink blended Shaded Lilac, Wilted Violet and Abandoned Coral Distress Ink onto some white card, then I over stamped that using the same colours with the text background stamp from the set :D I then flicked on some water and blotted that off, then added some sparkly splashes using some purple Pixie Powder too :D I stamped my butterflies and watercoloured them in using the same colours of Distress ink, again splashing them with some Pixie Powders too, and I simply cut around these leaving a really narrow white border, then I stapled them to the card :D I LOVE stapling butterflies to my cards, I don't think I've done it in any of my videos so far, but it is a favourite technique of mine :D I should have stapled them before attaching the front panel to the card, but I forgot lol :D Then the final finishing touches were some clear sparkle pen and some gloss white Nuvo Crystal Drops :D Hope you liked the card! And don't forget to get your copy of Creative Stamping Issue 41 :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Lots more photos below :D