Monday 20 March 2017

Cascading Circles Spellbinders Mother's Day Card :D


A really cute Mother's day using the fabulous Cascading Circles Spellbinders die, I love this die (along with the Cascading Butterflies and Cascading Stars) so much, as they can be used in so many different ways :D And the circle die looks especially cute when it's teamed up with these gorgeous little Mama Elephant critters too :D

I started by ink blending on some Picked Raspberry, Abandoned Coral and Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks, then I used a sentiment stamp to add some tone on tone stamping using some Bubblegum Hero Arts ink :D I stamped out all my little critters using my MISTI so that I could get a nice crisp and deep black image (and I also stamped them twice so I had some already stamped for a few other cards you'll see over the next month or so :D) I then used ProMarkers to colour in the critters using some traditional colourings of the animals and some slightly more wacky colours too to give a fun feel, and also to tie the critters in with the background colours too :D I cut out all my images ready, then I die cut the Cascading Circles die, placing this down on the card along with the sentiment to get my positioning right, then I added in all my little characters so that some were tucked into the circles, some overlapped the circles and some were jumping across multiple circles :D I wanted to give this card a really fun feel, as it was a commission of a Mother's Day card from my little God Daughter to her Great Granny :D Hope you liked the card, I really want to try this design with the Cascading Stars die and some more masculine colours, I think it would look fab :D

Spellbinders Products used in this video :D 
Shapeabilities Donna Salazar Designs Spellbinders Cascading Circles
Main Attraction Magnetic Tool
Spellbinders Platinum Die-Cutting and Embossing Machine
Standard Platinum Cutting Plates
I also used:
Mama Elephant Lunar Animals Stamp Set
Lawn Fawn Plan on it Holidays Stamp Set
Lawn Fawn Smitty's ABC Stamp Set
Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Hero Arts Ink Cubes 

To see the process behind this fun Mother's Day card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



If you're interested in other cards I've made using Spellbinders, check out my Playlist below :D 



Loads more photos below :D