Monday 6 March 2017

Happy Belated Birthday Spellbinders Snail :D


A Belated Birthday card using the phenomenally gorgeous stamp and die Snail set from Spellbinders designed by Stephanie Low, I LOVE this set soooo much, and if you pop over to my second channel ArTi PoTeNTiAl on Wednesday, you'll also see an Art Journal Layout using this set too :D :D :D  I love that these gorgeous stamps have matching dies, I think I only have one other stamp set where I've brought the matching dies, and it really does make such a difference!! no hand ache from fussy cutting them out :D :D This set it soooo gorgeous, I couldn't resist using it for both a birthday card (which obviously had to be bleated because of the snail lol) and also an Art Journal Layout that will be up on Wednesday, and I'll try to remember to come back here and back link it once it's live too :D

So this was quite a nice clean and simple card, I literally just stamped and coloured the images using my new favourite combination of the Lawn Fawn Jet Black ink and as always, my Promarkers, and then cut the images out in seconds using the fab coordinating dies, I love the narrow white border they leave, and because you've used the pressure of a die-cutting machine, you get that gorgeous beveled edge! I expect you'll be seeing this set a few more times in the future :D :D :D I die-cut a stitched rectangle with a circular aperture, then simply layered all the elements together, I love cards like this that look like you've spend longer than you have creating them :D My final finishing touches were then some Sea Breeze Nuvo Jewel Drops, some Wink of Stella glitter pen, and also some of the Gloss White Nuvo Crystal Drops, which I applied directly to the mushrooms after attaching them to the card, it has gone a little bit yellow (I think it must have picked up some colour from the colouring, but it still looks good :D) and I also added some clear gloss to the shell of the snail too :D Hope you liked the card! And I hope you enjoy the ArTi Journal page on Wednesday too :D :D :D

Spellbinders Products used in this video :D 
Snail Stamp and Die Set from the Earth Air Water Collection by Stephanie Low
Spellbinders Platinum Die-Cutting and Embossing Machine
Standard Platinum Cutting Plates

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



And if you like the gorgeous stamp and die set from Spellbinders keep an eye out for an Art Journal video using this set on my ArTi PoTeNTiAl channel on Wednesday!! :D

Loads more photos below :D