Friday 27 January 2017

You're My Cup of Tea :D


A tea cup aperture card using the tea-riffic Time for Tea free gift from issue 159 of Simply Cards and Papercraft :D This set is gorgeous for all age groups I think, and I thought it went perfectly with this Gemini die from #creativeexpressions as it reminds me of a lacy table cloth :D I decided to make this particular card into a Get Well Soon card, you can never have too many of them at this time of year, as everyone's always getting colds (including me lol) :D As soon as I saw this freebie, I had the idea of a vertical triple aperture of the tea cups, but originally I had planned to add some glitter behind the apertures, however I'd recently inherited a few Brilliance ink pads, and I thought the purple one would look fab on this Heather Foundations cardstock from Creative Expressions, and I just love the floral stamp in this set, so I thought they made the perfect combination to create the apertures background :D

After adding the gorgeous Sue Wilson lacy border (Real Name: Auriga Gemini Die) and the label style get well soon sentiment (I love adding my sentiments like this, as though its a label sticking out, like on an item of clothing :D) I felt like there needed to be some more black on the card to tie in the black of the sentiment, so for my finishing touches, I used the cluster of hearts stamp from the free stamp set along with some #tonicstudios Ebony Black Gloss Nuvo Crystal Drops (which I had pre-made before hand so they're easier to apply to my finished card :D) Hope you liked the card, there will be another video up next week using this freebie too :D I'm having the spread the magazine freebie videos out this week as there were three new magazines published yesterday lol and they all have gorgeous free gifts :D :D :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



A few more photos below :D There will also be another video up next week using this magazine freebie again too :D





I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Wednesday Challenge :D and
The Win and Tonic January 2017 Take Your Pick Challenge too :D