Tuesday 31 January 2017

Fan-k You Wax Paper Resist :D


A punny take on the typical Thank You card, using the Delicate Fan die from Tonic Studios to turn a Thank You card into a 'Fan-k You' card :D  To create the background for this pair of cards I used a wax paper resist technique involving an embossing folder and a Stix2 Craft and Mixed Media iron :D For this technique, firstly you need to take a piece of wax paper, and emboss it with any embossing folder you like, you then sandwich this between two pieces of card, and put this inside a folded piece of printer paper :D Place this on top of a folded towel, then use your Stix2 craft iron to iron it, the heat from the iron will melt the wax from the wax paper, and transfer it to both pieces of card in a positive and negative pattern :D :D :D This is such a cool technique! and I've been dying to try it for ages, so fan-k you so much Stix2 for sending me one of your irons!! It's fabulous :D :D :D

Once the wax has cooled (which literally takes seconds) you can then apply distress inks over the top with an ink blending tool, I want to experiment more to see if you can use spray inks to colour this too, but I tried for a previous background cutting some intricate leaf dies for this technique, then using spray inks, but it didn't work very well, but I haven't figured out yet if it was because I didn't iron it for long enough or if the die-cuts were too delicate, but I will be experimenting more :D :D :D
To add some extra interest to the edges of the background I did some heat embossing using some Tonic Stamps and a Nuvo Embossing powder too :D (I used Soft Lilac Embossing Powder 607N and the Autumnal Spring stamp set 1364E) :D For my focal element I used the Tonic Studios Rococo Delicate Fan Die (090E) I had this idea to do the sentiment 'Fan-k You' a while ago, as I thought it would be perfect for my Nan as she's always using a fan like this lol :D To create the Fan-k I used a combination of the Scripty Thanks and Scripty Friends dies from Lawn Fawn, and the other word dies I used are from the Avery Elle A Tag For All die set :D Hope you liked the cards! I only did one of them with my punny sentiment, as I'm never sure how obvious my puns are lol, so to clarify I left one as the normal Thank You :D :D :D

To see the process behind these two cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Lots more photos below :D





 

I'm entering this card into the Win and Tonic Take Your Pick January 2017 Challenge :D