Monday 30 January 2017

Elegant Framed Congrats :D


A more elegant card today using lots of Spellbinders dies to create a lovely layered frame :D I also used one of the Geo dies from Spellbinders to create a background stamp from funky foam to add some subtle pattern, and I used a few colours of Tonic Studios Nuvo Mousse to add that touch of luxury too :D The Embellishment Mousse colours I used are Aquamarine and Spring Green :D And I also used Sea Breeze Jewel Drops for my final finishing touch too :D

The dies I used:
Becca Feeken Amazing Paper Grace - Cinch and Go Flowers
Becca Feeken Amazing Paper Grace - Loop Roll Flowers (the leaves)
Becca Feeken Amazing Paper Grace - Cascading Grace
Becca Feeken Amazing Paper Grace - Flourish Frame (the rounded rectangle shape)
Geo Collection - Symmetry in Space 
And then I also used my usual favourite, the large stitched rectangle from MFT Blueprints 13 and also the Scripty Congrats die from Lawn Fawn too :D

So I started off with a piece of Aqua Foundations cardstock, then I used my home made 'stamp' made using the Symmetry in Space Geo die and just used Perfect Medium ink to give a watermark effect :) I then die cut multiples of the Cinch and Go flowers from white card to create a stencil (but I can still use the flowers later too) and I then applied some Aquamarine Nuvo Embellishment Mousse through the openings with my finger (plus I then decided to cover the 'stencil' I had made entirely with the Mousse so that I could use it on the card too :D) I had used Pastel Green Foundations Card to die cut my leaves a flourishes, so I then used some Spring Green Nuvo Mousse to liven these up a bit, again just applying it with my finger, being gentle so I didn't rip any of the delicate die-cuts :D Once the mousse is dry (which really doesn't take long at all) you can use a piece of kitchen roll to buff the surface and give it a lovely shine :D So I didn't waste any of my lovely delicate die cuts, I took the rounded rectangle die from the centre of the Flourish Frame, and drew around it with a pencil to give myself a guide, I then proceeded to stick down all my elements using a fine tip applicator bottle and some Cosmic Shimmer glue :D To give the frame an extra dimension, I then ran it through in a swirly embossing folder after die-cutting it into the frame shape :D :D :D

Inside the frame, I layered up a piece of Pastel Green card covered in the Spring Green Mousse like the leaves, followed by a white die-cut of half of the Cascading Grace die, then I added 3D foam to the back of the frame and adhered it to a piece of vellum, and my final layer was to add my homemade 'stencil' behind to tie the whole card together :D I then used the interior of the frame to die cut the shadow for my sentiment, then I simply added this whole piece to a card blank and finished it off with some Nuvo Jewel Drops and a clear sparkle pen :D Hope you liked the card, don't forget to watch the video below which shows visually how I made it :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Lots more photos below :D






I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Wednesday Challenge :D and also the Win and Tonic Take Your Pick January 2017 Challenge too :D