Monday 6 October 2014

Zentangle Holly :D

I'm not that great at Zentangle, I think I'm a bit too impatient, however I saw Mel on Create and Craft show this Holly Zentangle using a grid, so I thought I'd give it a try and use it as a background... I changed it slightly by drawing the grid in pencil so I could rub it out later, however I'm not sure it was the right choice as when I showed it to a friend all she could see was circles in the background and not the holly lol, but anyway it was worth a try... I love this scribbly bird by Dina Wakely, and when I saw this pose, I knew it had to be a robin, so I water coloured it using Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo, Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge, Fired Brick and Aged Mahogany distress stains. Once I'd assembled the card, I thought it looked a bit empty, hence the black splashes in the background :) and then to finish it off I just added a bit of red glitter glue to the holly berries and a Happy Christmas sentiment :D