Saturday 11 October 2014

Staple Butterflies :D

I was inspired for this card from a youtube video I saw by Shari Caroll (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jQeUiuVa2o&list=UUirlgMtCw6OSlWcW3H1ZSDA) I thought I'd add the link in case you're interested :D I had a few products which she had used, but I put my own spin on it.... and I now have my new favorite thing, stapling butterfly's onto a card :D I used Chipped Sapphire, Pine Needles, Peeled Paint and Weathered Wood distress stains for the background... Pine Needles and Vintage Photo distress stains for the butterfly's.... I used watercolour card, whereas I usually work on smooth white card, but I really like watercolour card now lol :) for the damask stamping I used the Tim Holtz distressed damask stamps and the Metallic Silver Artiste Acrylic paint to stamp with, it works brilliantly.... I then used my dymo labeller for the sentiment, a piece of Madame Payraud patterned craft tape, a piece of brown spotty ribbon, and an arrow paperclip, which I actually got in IKEA :D I've done a few more colour ways of this too as I liked it so much and I might post them at some point too :D