Thursday 23 October 2014

Mixed Media Style :D

I started with green and orange acrylic paint and 2 sizes of punchanella, and I dotted this around randomly on a white piece of card, I then let this dry. I then coloured the background using distress stains (aged mahogany, pine needles, rusty hinge, walnut stain and vintage photo) and when this was applied and had dried, the acrylic had acted as a resist. I then added some stamping in walnut stain with some texture stamps, but it was a bit too prominent, so i added some more water and it blended out a bit. I then stamped the main image onto the dry background in stazon and onto a spare piece of card which i also coloured with distress stains, I then cut this out and layered it on top. I added the dymo sentiment and a black line around the perimeter of the background piece, but it seemed too flat hence all the white signo uni ball detail :D I also made this card in duplicate, as i knew i was going to give this one away straight away and i wanted one on my shelf as inspiration :D