Sunday 5 October 2014

Simple Snowflake :D

I made this card as a thank you to one of my mums friends who gave me this snowflake die that she'd gotten free on a magazine... however after I'd made it I thought that I could do a similar version with the free x-cut die that was on an issue of creativity recently :) I really love the way this turned out... I started with a piece of white card which I covered with Waterfall green and Galactic blue Daley Rowney Pearlescent inks (I don't think the shimmer comes across in the photos...) and then I wasn't sure what to do to begin with so I just cut a few snowflakes out and arranged them on a square card blank... I'm not very good at leaving a card simple, and thought it looked a little plain with just the snowflakes so I decided to use an embossing folder, and this lead to the shorter front than the back, because the folder was 5x7 and so didn't completely cover the front and I didn't want a join, but I actually think that this makes the card better and so I'll probably do this again in the future :D I then just added the sentiment which is from a stamp set that was free on Creativity ages ago and I used a small labels 20 Spellbinders die and then just added some white faux stitching :D :D