Tuesday 14 February 2017

Love You Valentine Shaker Cards :D


A pair of Love You shaker cards made using the Tonic Studios Mandala Moments coordinating stamps and dies, along with Nuvo Embellishment Mousse, Nuvo Drops and also Nuvo Glimmer Paste :D There's also three extra cards which I made using the 'waste' from the shaker cards :D I was inspired by Joggles for the backgrounds of these cards, I've seen Barbara from Joggles YouTube channel using this technique quite a few times, and I've been dying to test it out :D You start off by applying a thin layer of Gesso to your card with a palette knife and leave to dry, you then use some acrylic paints (I used the high viscosity Pebeo paints, but she's used Dylusions and Dina Wakely paints too) and swipe on colour with your finger, in really thin layers so it dries in no time :D I then went one step further and added in some Nuvo Embellishment Mousse (colours: Aquamarine, Spring Green and Peony Pink), and also some Nuvo Glimmer Paste too (colours: Sapphire Blue and Garnet Red) :D Then I proceeded to die-cut the apertures for my shaker cards :D My original plan was just to make one shaker card, then I thought why not try two different colour combinations, but then I ended up realizing the 'waste' looked just as pretty, so what was originally going to be one card, ended up being five cards lol :D

You can see in the video below how I managed to line up the stamps with the die-cut words, and also how I was fiddling around trying to get the stamped words to line up perfectly behind the shaker window too :D To colour in the words inside the shaker, I used a couple of Distress Markers in Barn Door and Faded Jeans :D And to finish off the extra cards, I also added in some Nuvo drops too, Caribbean Ocean Gloss, Dazzling Blue Glitter drops and Sunlit Meadow Glitter drops too :D Hope you liked all five of the cards :D :D :D

To see the process behind this group of cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Loads more photos below of all 5 cards :D 















I'm entering the bluey green shaker card into the Seven Hills February Blog Challenge :D