Tuesday 28 February 2017

I'm So Jelly Seaside Shaker Card :D


A fun seaside shaker card featuring a load of Tonic dies and a bunch of adorable Lawn Fawn stamps :D Did you know you could use the edge of a scalloped Tonic square or rectangle to create waves for an underwater scene :D Well, once you think of it it seems pretty obvious lol, but I had this idea a while ago, and have just gotten round to making it :D I love using a mixture of the nesting scalloped squares, and the smaller scalloped rectangles from the Harrop die set to give some perspective/variation to the waves too :D You can see in the video below how I stamped out all my images, and stamped extra ones too so that I could add them to the scene after assembling the different layers, and for all my colouring, I used my usual favourite, my Promarkers :D The final finishing touch was the addition of some pre-made Sea Breeze Nuvo Jewel Drops (TOP TIP: when sticking these onto the acetate portion of the shaker, the glue takes ages to dry, so leave it at least overnight or longer if you can :D) Hope you liked the card, please excuse my fingers in the photo above, the glass I used as the shaker elements (this is actually the stuff that model makers use to make realistic looking ponds, I got it cheap at my local garden centre) were quite heavy, and the card needed to be open wider than the depth of one of the steps, so I resorted to holding it :D :D :D

To see the process behind this seaside shaker card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D 



Loads more photos below :D