Saturday, 11 February 2017

Love You Valentine Card Trio :D


A trio of very pink valentines day cards using various techniques involving Nuvo Embellishment Mousse, Pebeo Dyna Paint, The Gelli Plate and a piece of wide lace :D Basically I was just experimenting with lots of things I've wanted to try for a while, I just ended up throwing them all at these cards lol :D So the main technique was die-cutting Leonie's lots of hearts die and blending some Nuvo Embellishment Mousse over the top (exactly like I did in the Positive and Negative Fern Leaf video the other day) but I wanted to try a slightly more delicate die-cut to see if it still worked, and it did :D However to make this card different, while the die-cut was still in place, I also over stamped (using a foam stamp I'd made from another one of Leonie's dies, you can see this in the video below :D) and I also attempted to print some Pebeo Dyna paint through a piece of wide lace, but this didn't work quite as expected, but it did give a little bit of extra patterning :D

As the lace idea didn't work quite as expected, I then used some white acrylic paint to pull the print from the Gelli onto another piece of white card :D I then took the die-cuts off of the first background I was making, and I laid them on this, however they got a bit lost, so I moved the die-cuts to a third card :D To add a little bit of metallic to the background, I tipped out a little bit of Silver Dream Pixie Powder from Cosmic Shimmer and thinned it with some water, then I flicked this over all the background pieces :D For the sentiments I used the Lawn Fawn Scripty Love die along with the you die from the Avery Elle A Tag For All die set :D On the lacy card I left this white as there was some good contrast going on, but on the other two I added in a piece of silver glitter paper behind and I coloured the sentiments pink to help them pop out :D Hope you liked the cards! I've never actually sent a Valentine's day card, but I thought I might as well make some this year and share them with all of you :D

To see the process behind this trio of very pink valentine's cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D 



Tonnes and tonnes more photos below :D 














I'm entering this card into the Win and Tonic Take Your Pick January 2017 Challenge and also the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge too :D

3 comments:

  1. Loved these cards. What was the spray stuff you used?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all three of your cards, Christine! Your backgrounds are so amazing and fun and the design and style of each is so pretty. Fabulous job! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Valentines cards, love the backgrounds you've made.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete