Sunday 25 May 2014

Filefolder Style

 I keep seeing an American crafting trend of using file folders... and they're quite expensive to get sent over here... so I made my own using the kraftnotes designstax

I started by getting a piece of scrap paper and drawing a parenthesis bracket shape on one side I then cut this out and folded the paper to the size of card i wanted, then traced the reverse onto the other side to make a template... I now re-did this with a card blank so its stronger... I then traced round this to get the shape and cut it out, these papers are perfect because being 200gsm they can stand as a card blank and even hold embellishments... I used one of the toppers on a sheet in the designstax, as it was the perfect size, and then I continued to decorate with the matching ribbons and bows and the little cream buttons are those gorjuss ones which were free on the docrafts mag ages ago :D 

The top image shows the outside of the card folded flat, and the image to the left shows the inside, so you can see the parenthesis shaped tab :D