Sunday 26 May 2019

Nuvo Dream Drop Embellished Simple Florals :D


A fun technique using the gorgeous iridescent Nuvo Dream Drops from Tonic :D I had such a blast playing with the Dream Drops, I even made a couple of videos giving you an Up Close look at them and another showing tonnes of Techniques to inspire you :D But for today's cards, I focused on one of my favourite techniques of filling intricate die-cuts with Nuvo Drops :D This technique does work with all the varieties of Nuvo drops, but I've found the Dream Drops and Vintage Drops to work the best as they have a more malleable consistency once dry so they don't crack at all :D

The trick to this technique is to have a second identical die-cut to place on top once the drops are dry, as this hides all the mess :D And another plus for using the Dream Drops is that thy show up a different colour on black, so if you colour some sections with a black pen first, the other colour will show when you add the drops on top (you can see what I mean in the video :D) This is also evident when you do the swirled Nuvo drops, so on this card I swirled Love Potion on Ebony Black, Love Potion is pink in the bottle, but when you put it on black it turns blue, and this then matched the areas where I put Love Potion over the black pen areas too :D

I finished the card with one of the delicate sentiment strip dies, and also a little piece of DYMO label to finish the sentiment too :D Hope you liked the card and this technique with Nuvo drops, don't forget to watch the videos linked below :D

Main products used :D


To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D


To see my Up Close look at the fabulous Dream Drops, check out this video too :D


And here's the Technique video too :D


Lots more photos below :D







My Essentials :D