Friday 19 May 2017

Starfish Partial Distress Oxidation :D


A funky starfish themed card using The Sea View Collection stamp set free with issue 43 of Creative Stamping :D This was a new technique I discovered when making my last Art Journal layout :D It seemed to be more effective using the purple Aquaflow over the top, but you can still see the partial oxidation in real life, it just doesn't come across that well on camera :D This was such a simple card, I literally just stamped the starfish all over the background in the two different colours of oxides, then I used a die-cut circle as a template to create my circle of 'partial oxidation' and to do that, all I did was colour a circle with the orange Aquaflow pen :D simple :D Then I finished the card with my heat embossed sentiment, a nest of gold metallic thread, and a scattering of gold sequins and Mustard Yellow Nuvo Crystal Drops :D Hope you liked today's video :D

Main products used :D
Creative Stamping Issue 43 - The Sea View Collection
Distress Oxide - Spiced Marmalade and Fossilized Amber
Tonic Studios Nuvo Aquaflow - Orange
Tonic Studios Nuvo Crystal Drops - Mustard
Cosmic shimmer detail Gold Embossing Powder
Papermaina Pink Heat Tool
Heat It Ranger Craft Tool
Tonic Studios Aqua Shimmer Pen
Spellbinders Platinum Die-Cutting Machine
Spellbinders Platinum 6 Machine 

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Lots more photos below :D