Monday 8 May 2017

Distress Oxide Pink and White Spellbinders Cascading Butterflies :D


This weeks Spellbloggers post uses one of my favourite Spelly's die, the Donna Salazar Cascading Butterflies :D These were some left over die cuts from the previous times I'd used it, I like to keep them in a separate little box, and the outlines were ones I had added some double sided adhesive to before die-cutting :D For the background of this card I was messing about mixing Distress Oxide and Distress Ink together to do the wrinkle free technique, this wrinkle free method doesn't work quite so well when using a glass cutting mat, as the ink doesn't bead up on the surface, it stays in a puddle, but I quite like the overall look :D And I have figured out how to get the droplets now lol :D (I think that's in a video coming up soon :D). To add a bit of interest to the white butterflies, and to add some shimmer to the background, I watered down some Nuvo mousse, and used a natural sponge to apply it, I really love this look, I've used this in my Art Journal before (I think it was in my Photography layout) :D Hope you liked today's card :D

Main Spellbinders products used in this video:
Spellbinders Platinum Machine
Standard Cutting Plates
Main Attraction
Tool N One
Shapeabilities Donna Salazar Designs Spellbinders Cascading Butterflies

Other products used:
Distress Oxide - Worn Lipstick
Distress Ink - Picked Raspberry
Distress Crayons - Picket Fence, Spun Sugar and Picked Raspberry
Tonic Studios Nuvo Embellishment Mousse - Peony Pink
Tonic Nuvo Pure Sheen Glitter - Diamond
Double Sided Adhesive Sheets 
Tonic Nuvo Crystal Drops - Bubblegum Pink
Lisa Horton Butterfly Splash Stamp Set
Cosmic Shimmer Glue
White Card
DYMO labeller and Pink Tape


To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Lots more photos below :D










#spellbinders #neverstopmaking