Tuesday 2 May 2017

Flying By to Say Happy Birthday :D



Another trio of cards (I seem to like making cards in threes at the moment lol) this time Birthday cards with an aeroplane theme :D This was originally supposed to be one card, but as always I got carrier away, and ended up making three :D I used lots of Tonic products to create my backgrounds, sparkle dust, embellishment mousse and glimmer paste too :D :D :D

I love using one tiny die to create a complete card! Just using this tiny Xcut Aeroplane die multiple times in two directions gives such a great focal point to a card! And this card was a commission for my best friends Dad who loves plane spotting :D And as I had gone to the effort of die-cutting so many planes, I decided to cut a few more, then use them to create another background! I was originally going to use it as a whole, but thought a smaller panel in the centre of the card would be more effective :D I used a piece of double sided adhesive sheet (don't forget to keep the backing for making your Nuvo drops on lol) I then applied all the little die-cut planes randomly to the exposed sticky, then covered the rest of the sheet using some Nuvo Sparkle dust :D I then combined a couple of Lawn Fawn stamps sets and a Pretty Quick one too (for the Dad) to create my punny sentiment :D Hope you liked the cards!! :D :D :D

Main products used in this video :D
Tonic Studios Nuvo Embellishment Mousse - Cornflower Blue
Tonic Studios Nuvo Sparkle Dust - Paradise Blue
Tonic Studios Nuvo Glimmer Paste - Sapphire Blue
Tonic Tim Holtz Sheers
White Card
Double Sided Adhesive Sheets
Manual Die-Cutting Machine
Versafine Onyx Black Ink
Pretty Quick Silhouette Collection Male Family Sentiment Stamps 
Lawn Fawn How You Been? Stamp Set
Lawn Fawn Flying By Stamp Set

I think that's pretty much everything :D

To see the process behind this trio of plane themed cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



If you're interested in more cards I've made using products from the fabulous Tonic Studios, then please check out my Playlist below :D



Lots more photos of all three cards below :D