Tuesday 12 July 2016

Striped Stag :D


I made this card a little while ago, and the inspiration for the colour combo actually came from a pair of socks! I was wearing them, and I looked down at my feet, and thought, 'that would make a great background on a card lol' :D This was quite a long winded process but I started with the grey stripes, I used Hickory Smoke Distress Ink and for the stripes within the stripe I used a Prima stamp. For the coloured stripes I used Cracked Pistachio and Abandoned Coral Distress Inks, and I combined them with a Tim Holtz stamp, I really like this stamp, it kinda looks a little like barbed wire in my head :) I used my favourite large stitched die for the background panel, and a smaller one for the focal element, and I combined it with this stag die which I got from CraftStash, it was called Prancer, but that doesn't mean you can use it for a birthday card :D For the banner I used a Spellbinders banner die and for the sentiment, I used this little peg stamp set from Tiger, but any small alphabet stamp set would work, this was just the smallest font that I had :D Finally I added a Lawn Fawn heart die cut which I blended with Abandoned Coral, then covered in Spectrum Noir Clear Overlay Sparkle Pen and then added a layer of Anita's gloss gel. This is a pretty basic card, but when you add in a background made from scratch it makes it look more unique (but to save time you could always use a patterned paper too) :D

 To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or on my channel :D



Here's a close up photo...