Tuesday 12 July 2016

Folk Floral Hello :D


I made this card a little while ago, and I was inspired by Leonie Pujol's new range of stencils and stamps, and I just couldn't wait to have a go. This was my second attempt at this style, I posted the first a little while ago on my blog (I do have a video filmed for the previous version as well which I need to get round to editing lol) :D However for this version, instead of cutting a word die from some thin acetate and using it as a mask, I used pebeo masking fluid on this hello stamp which was free on an issue of Creativity :D So first step was to apply the masking fluid with a brush to the stamp, and then stamp onto a piece of card (again cut with my usual choice of the large stitched rectangle from MFT blueprints 13), it didn't give a perfect impression, so I did use a small paintbrush to fill in any gaps too... then wait for it to dry (it doesn't take too long). Then onto the ink blending, I used Cracked Pistachio and Mermaid Lagoon Distress Inks (love this colour combo), this step is just to give the word a bit of definition and to add some background colour, it also (i think) makes the whole card come together as the stamping almost blends into this background haze :D For the stamping I used the Folk Floral stamp set from papermania and Pool, Cornflower and Tide Pool Hero Arts ink cubes. I also used my MISTI for the stamping, as I wanted to make sure the images were crisp, and it also means you can stamp multiple images at the same time without having to worry about one of them not stamping properly :D (It saves time too :D) The final touches were then some Spectrum Noir Clear Overlay Sparkle Pen over the word hello, and a mix of Cosmic Shimmer glitter PVA and some stickles :D

To see the process behind this card, please checkout my YouTube video below, or on my channel :D



Thanks so much for watching!! There's a close up photo below :D


When I'd finished this card, I liked it so much I decided to post it to Docrafts, and I was extremely surprised to see it in the star letter section of the current magazine (Issue 72). I was flicking through, and thought 'I recognize that card, hey someone's pinched my design, oh wait, its mine! IT'S MINE!! :D :D :D'  I was sooooo happy, I can't wait for my prize to arrive!!! :D