Tuesday 9 May 2017

Distress Oxide and Tonic Flowery Birthday Card :D


A bright and tropical flowery birthday card playing around with Distress Oxides and Nuvo Embellishment Mousse :D I also created a fun custom aperture panel to give focus to certain parts of the technique filled background :D I started by ink blending a piece of white card with two colours of Distress Oxide then spraying with water to get the oxidized look, I've never used this colour combination before, but it's nice to just have the limited palette of 6 Distress Oxides because it makes you pick different colours than you usually go for in the distress line :D Anyway, I then added on some stenciling using a Tonic stencil and some Nuvo Mousse, the Spring Green and Lemon Sorbet match the two colours of Oxide perfectly!! :D And then to add a final layer of detail I embossed the panel using the Retro Fern Tonic Embossing Folder :D

I really love this look of a main panel with holes in it (and I've actually just brought a Spellbinders die that is similar to this, but the holes are smaller, but it hasn't arrived yet lol) it makes you focus on just sections of the background rather than it being too over-whelming :D I finished the card off with some Sue Wilson Hibiscus flowers (these dies are fab!! And they're a great price over on CraftStash, link in supply list below :D) and my sentiment using a DYMO labeller :D I hope you like the card :D :D :D

Main products used:
Tonic Studios Circle Layering Dies
Tonic Studios Nuvo Embellishment Mousse - Spring Green and Lemon Sorbet
Tonic 6x6 Stencils - Beautiful Bokeh and Layered Hexagon
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide - Fossilized Amber and Cracked Pistachio 
Tonic Studios 8x8 Retro Fern Embossing Folder
Spellbinders Platinum Die-Cutting Machine
Spellbinders Standard Cutting Plates
Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool
Foam Replacements
Buttons
Cut N Dry Foam
Cosmic Shimmer Glue
Sue Wilson Hibiscus Die Set
Dymo Labeller and Matt Yellow 9mm Tape 

To see the process behind this Tonic filled card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Tonnes more photos below :D