Thursday 5 January 2017

Rosebud Aperture Trio :D


A trio of rosebud aperture cards using the Build a Rose die set free with issue 19 of Die-Cutting Essentials (out today, Thursday 5th Jan 2017) :D This is a gorgeous die set, and I think it works particularly well as an aperture :D Although there will be a duo of cards tomorrow using it in the intended way of die cutting the shapes and embossing them to reveal there detail :D

I find the best way to get the perfect aperture with the leaves exactly where you want them, is to lay down the rosebud die, then the stem, then the leaves, then tape the rosebud and leaf dies in place and pull out the stem die (you can see what I mean in the video below) as this way you'll know that when you come to cut the stem out, both leaves will join onto it perfectly :D For one card I used all red buttons behind the aperture, for another I divided up the backing card and made a yellow rosebud with a green stem and leaves, and for the final card I did my new favourite thing of swiping the ink pad across the card :D I used both the red and green ombre ink pads from Hero Arts to do this, and I think it gives such a cool and different effect, and it looks like you've put quite a bit of effort into creating it too :D For the sentiments I used the Birds of a Feather stamp set (free with Simply Cards and Papercraft 158) and also the Apple Blossom Autumn stamp set too :D and for the final embellishments, I used some Ebony Black #tonicstudios nuvo crystal drops which I had previously made :D Hope you liked the cards :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D


Loads more photos below :D