Thursday 26 January 2017

How've You Bean? :D


A fun punny card using the gorgeous Truly Scrumptious stamp set free with issue 39 of Creative Stamping  :D I really love this stamp set, and I actually have some of my cards in the magazine showing how you can create backgrounds with some of the smaller stamps and the sentiments too :D If you flick through to page 14 you'll be able to see the 5 cards I made for my Brilliant Backgrounds feature :D :D :D It still makes me soooo happy to see some of my cards in a magazine!! Literally a dream come true :D :D :D So grateful to everyone at Practical Publishing for making it happen :D

Anyway, back to the card :D I knew I wanted to use the sweetie jar, as I hadn't used it for the cards in my feature, and I wanted to think up a punny sentiment too, and for this one I was inspired by my friends whose surname is Broad, and they like to refer to each other as Mr and Mrs Broad Bean lol, and I thought why not use this with the jelly beans in the set, so I settled on 'How've you bean?' maybe it's quite loosely inspired by them lol, but it made sense in my head lol :D I also thought this was appropriate as I've been mostly posting Gallery videos recently, so its a bit like, I'm back, how've you bean lol :D I hope you've enjoyed the gallery videos, there's only one more left to come, and that should go up on Wed 1st Feb :D So I'll be back to just my usual card making videos now :D I have to say I noticed when I was editing this video today, that I've really missed it lol :D Also a few days ago I realised I've managed to post a video everyday for the last 6 months!! It's insane!! lol and I think if I keep going with the daily videos till the 9th of Feb, that'll be 200 days running, and considering I thought getting to 100 days would be a mammoth task, I'm very surprised I'm almost at 200 :D :D :D After that it might not be completely daily, but I reckon I'll still be uploading 5 videos a week, and I'm starting a new channel too (watch this space :D)

Sorry, went off on a tangent again... back to the card, so I used my Hampton Arts Stamp Perfect Stamp positioning tool for this card, because one I wanted to stamp out two so I have another card to colour, and two I was trying out a new ink pad I just brought, the Lawn Fawn Jet Black ink, which is supposed to be similar to memento tuxedo black, so I thought I might want to stamp some of the images multiple times to get a nice black image (and I did lol) :D But this ink is great for colouring with alcohol markers :D To get the jelly beans inside the jar, I used some full sticky post-it notes to mask off the background of the card, then I used the jelly bean pile stamp, used a mask to mask that, then stamped it again etc.. until I had filled the whole jar with jelly beans. Then I just picked out some lovely bright colours of Promarkers and used them to colour in all the beans, give a little bit of shading to the glass jar, and to add a wood effect table :D Then finally for the sentiment I used the Lawn Fawn Smitty's ABC stamp set :D I LOVE this set because it looks like my hand-writing, and my surname is Smith, so it's very fitting lol :D Hope you liked the card :D There'll be another magazine freebie video tomorrow using the gorgeous Time for Tea set from Simply Cards and Papercraft 159 :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Plenty more photos below :D






I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Wednesday Challenge :D