Thursday, 26 January 2017

How've You Bean? :D


A fun punny card using the gorgeous Truly Scrumptious stamp set free with issue 39 of Creative Stamping  :D I really love this stamp set, and I actually have some of my cards in the magazine showing how you can create backgrounds with some of the smaller stamps and the sentiments too :D If you flick through to page 14 you'll be able to see the 5 cards I made for my Brilliant Backgrounds feature :D :D :D It still makes me soooo happy to see some of my cards in a magazine!! Literally a dream come true :D :D :D So grateful to everyone at Practical Publishing for making it happen :D

Anyway, back to the card :D I knew I wanted to use the sweetie jar, as I hadn't used it for the cards in my feature, and I wanted to think up a punny sentiment too, and for this one I was inspired by my friends whose surname is Broad, and they like to refer to each other as Mr and Mrs Broad Bean lol, and I thought why not use this with the jelly beans in the set, so I settled on 'How've you bean?' maybe it's quite loosely inspired by them lol, but it made sense in my head lol :D I also thought this was appropriate as I've been mostly posting Gallery videos recently, so its a bit like, I'm back, how've you bean lol :D I hope you've enjoyed the gallery videos, there's only one more left to come, and that should go up on Wed 1st Feb :D So I'll be back to just my usual card making videos now :D I have to say I noticed when I was editing this video today, that I've really missed it lol :D Also a few days ago I realised I've managed to post a video everyday for the last 6 months!! It's insane!! lol and I think if I keep going with the daily videos till the 9th of Feb, that'll be 200 days running, and considering I thought getting to 100 days would be a mammoth task, I'm very surprised I'm almost at 200 :D :D :D After that it might not be completely daily, but I reckon I'll still be uploading 5 videos a week, and I'm starting a new channel too (watch this space :D)

Sorry, went off on a tangent again... back to the card, so I used my Hampton Arts Stamp Perfect Stamp positioning tool for this card, because one I wanted to stamp out two so I have another card to colour, and two I was trying out a new ink pad I just brought, the Lawn Fawn Jet Black ink, which is supposed to be similar to memento tuxedo black, so I thought I might want to stamp some of the images multiple times to get a nice black image (and I did lol) :D But this ink is great for colouring with alcohol markers :D To get the jelly beans inside the jar, I used some full sticky post-it notes to mask off the background of the card, then I used the jelly bean pile stamp, used a mask to mask that, then stamped it again etc.. until I had filled the whole jar with jelly beans. Then I just picked out some lovely bright colours of Promarkers and used them to colour in all the beans, give a little bit of shading to the glass jar, and to add a wood effect table :D Then finally for the sentiment I used the Lawn Fawn Smitty's ABC stamp set :D I LOVE this set because it looks like my hand-writing, and my surname is Smith, so it's very fitting lol :D Hope you liked the card :D There'll be another magazine freebie video tomorrow using the gorgeous Time for Tea set from Simply Cards and Papercraft 159 :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Plenty more photos below :D






I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Wednesday Challenge :D

3 comments:

  1. This is fab, but i bet it took a lot of work. Love the whole overall look of it. An all round brilliant card :)

    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love your youtube videos..thank you so much for making these. Just got winter wonderland set, wondered what was the brand markers you use. Can't quiet see the name on them....going to try to replicate you designs...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know I am late commenting on this video but just want to say a BIG thank you for all your work and great ideas and cards.
    You give folks like me (who find it hard to put colours and ideas together) hope.
    Your ideas are always so fresh and do-able. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete