Sunday, 29 January 2017

Belated Birthday Wishes :D


A funny card taking the lolly pop from the phenomenal Truly Scrumptious stamp set (free with issue 39 of Creative Stamping) and turning it into a snail :D Then of course I just had to add the sentiment 'belated birthday wishes' :D I love drawing little critters such as snails, bumblebees, butterflies etc... so I just had to make this into a snail :D

To create the sentiment, I used the 'belated' word from the Lawn Fawn Year Two stamp set, and then I also cut the words 'birthday' and 'wishes' from other sentiments from the Truly Scrumptious stamp set :) I'm fine with cutting into my sentiment stamps like this, as you can easily place them back together on the acrylic block :D (and actually I do just that with one of these sentiments in the video which will go up next Sunday :D) You can see in the video below, how I masked off the stick of the lolly using some washi tape to just stamp the swirl (okay I could have done this a little bit neater lol, but hey, it worked :D) then I used a black PITT pen to draw in my snails body :D For the sky, I used some Peacock Feathers Distress Ink to lightly blend on some colour, then I used my Hero Arts Pastel Blue ink along with the clouds from the Bon Voyage Lawn Fawn stamp set, and I also die-cut some clouds from white card and vellum using the Spring Showers Lawn Fawn die set (LOVE this set of dies :D) Hope you liked the card :D I've got a card using Spellbinders dies and Tonic Nuvo Embellishment Mousse that will be going up tomorrow :D :D :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Plenty more photos below :D 






I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Wednesday Challenge :D

1 comment:

  1. The textured and dimensions are awesome in this, Christine! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

    ReplyDelete