Tuesday 21 June 2016

Brightly Coloured Flamingo Shakers :D



Some more brightly coloured Flamingo shaker cards :D I really loved the one I created a little while back on my blog, and I just had to try some more colour combos!!! Again I made this card using the free flamingo die from an Issue of Papercraft Essentials magazine :D

Distress Ink background colour combos:
Twisted Citron, Mermaid Lagoon and Blueprint Sketch
Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and Abandoned Coral
Picked Raspberry, Abandoned Coral and Spiced Marmalade
Abandoned Coral, Picked Raspberry and Seedless Preserves

To create the background I used three Distress Inks and I blended them in an ombre effect. Once blended I used some water and a number 2 round paint brush to create some tiny little splashes of water and then lifted the colour with some kitchen roll... the big flower and leaf stamped in the background, are actually dies cut from funky foam, they are a die set from Sizzix for Craft Asylum, and I got them because I already had the coordinating stamp set (which is where the smaller flower and leaf are from, also a Craft Asylum set). I used one colour for the large flower, another for the small flower and the lightest colour for all the leaves (I really liked stamping the leaves to coordinate with the colour scheme rather than just in green as usual, I really need to remember to do this for future cards!!). I then decided that the background looked a little too plain, so my trusty piece of punchanella was used to create a little extra texture in the background :D. The next step was die cutting, I got the white panel ready using an MFT stitched rectangle stax die and the free flamingo die, then for the background I used my usual large stitched rectangle die from the MFT blueprints 13 die set and I also used the next die down from the one I used for the white panel (this was a brain wave, as I wanted to keep the background I'd created showing through the aperture of the flamingo, and trying to have lined this up would have been a nightmare, but using a small die to cut the centre of the background out worked a treat, and you can't even tell I did it :D). I then stuck some acetate to the back of the aperture and surrounded the rectangle with foam tape (with a few extra pieces to prop up around the flamingo). Now for the fun part of choosing the sequins :D I used a variety of micro beads and sequins for this in coordinating colours :D

Now for the assembly.... my new technique made this sooo easy, you literally just put the smaller rectangle straight over the back of the open shaker, then slot the whole shaker back into the hole in the background (and I added a little sellotape on the back just to keep it together). For the finishing touches I added a bit of white to the background (in the form of a few random white dots using my signo uni ball broad white gel pen), I also added a scattering of sequins across the front, the sentiment Hello Friend (using the same Craft Asylum stamps set and a banner die set from Avery Elle) then finally I also put some Spectrum Noir sparkle clear overlay on the three big stamped flowers in the background and over the sentiment too :D

To see the process behind this card design, please watch the YouTube video below, I also posted this in my previous Flamingo Shaker post:



Lots more photos of the different colour combos below :D








I'm entering this card design into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Blog Challenge 'Animal Magic'
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/